"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Adopting Gracie - Our Truths!

In honor of National Down Syndrome Awareness Month, I felt it was time to finally get this post out on our truths of adopting a child with Designer Genes!

I have been reluctant as for I know that older child adoption can be difficult for many and not all children with Designer Genes have been as easy as Gracie has been to add to our family. But it is our truth and I want the world to know how blessed we are to be Gracie's parents. Sure there are times when consistency and firm boundaries are needed, but it is part of the wonderful Gracie-cakes adventure!

In fact, we have seriously considered adding another one with rocking designer genes, but my truth is I want Gracie all to myself. I don't want to share her genes with another.  Selfish I may be, but I love her having her own special place in our family. She fits absolutely perfectly!

We can't imagine not a second without her. She starts our days with smiles and ends our days with the most sincere and authentic love that we have ever experienced.


Truth is........Gracie Rocks!!!

Truth is ........Her Designer Genes make her Rock even more!!!



Truth is.......She is going to change stereotypes of not only Down syndrome but special needs adoptions!!



Truth is .......She is adorable beyond words on this blog can convey!

On the way to school the other morning, Lu and I were talking life and she looked at me and said, "You can't help but be happy when you are with Gracie."  It is GRACIE TRUTH! God made her perfectly just the way she is! She blesses all who meet her.

She is smart!

She is funny!

She is happy!

She is sensitive!

She is obedient!

She can be stubborn in a way that is stinkin' adorable and makes me want to chase her and pinch her  ever so adorable buns!

She is thankful!

She is easy smeasy to please!

She is heavenly!

She is perfect!

She is the daughter of the King of Kings!

She is mine to love here on earth!

Truth is......I am humbled to be her mommy!

5 comments:

Walking to China said...

What a wonderful mom you are. Thanks for all the encouragement you send my way!

Jean said...

What a sweet and perfect little treasure you have!!

God is so so good!

Christian said...

Gracie is such a cutie and such a treasure. I am so grateful I have gotten to follow your adventure with her. It's so great to see her and how much she has blossomed. I agree with Lu you can't help but be happy when you around such treasures. They are such blessings. I feel the same way with my sweet Zoie.

Suzie said...

What a blessing!

Rachel said...

I just wanted to drop by and say "Hi" from After the Rainbow. If you need anything please feel free to contact me and also make sure to take advantage of the After the Rainbow group (email me if you need an invite). ATR is such a great group of families and such a wealth of experience and support!

Blessings,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org
Rachel@reecesrainbow.org