"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Amazing Accomplishments!

I probably don't even need to say a word as these two videos say it all!!
Don't forget to pause music at bottom of the blog!
video
As a special education teacher, I love seeing her understanding concepts of print, that she is tracking and self-correcting when she reads. To her credit the "a" in the second book that I have just introduced is not the font that she is familiar with.
Yes, she is learning to read by sight right now, but that is just fine. She is getting confidence in reading. Once she knows all her letters and letter sounds, we can begin phonetic reading.
But Lordy Lordy she has only been home six months!
video

Gracie is taking swimming lessons and has learned how to float (amongst other things)!
She wants to do everything, I mean everything the others do!
 So the other day, we were sitting outside in our jammies writing in our journals.
Gracie calls me over to show me that she wrote her name all be herself
AND
Gio's and tried to write Marissa's making a W instead of a M (common error for all new writers mind you)!
Tears were running down this mama's face!
I am so proud of her!

Can I tell you what an incredible feeling it is to know that she has a full life, a life with meaning, a life with opportunity now that she has a forever family? To know that we are a part of creating this life for her is the best feeling EVER!!!!
And why we are hopelessly in love with adoption!!!
So it only gets better with the name writing! She realized she didn't have Bryson's name wrote down. She says, "Oh sorry Bryson, sorry sorry Bryson!" (Go ahead and insert extreme cuteness, Gracie Cakes style here)

And proceeds to form a perfect B!!!!!
The fact that she knows what all their names begin with is amazing to me, let alone that she is independently writing them!!!

 Does she have all this language and writing stuff mastered? NO, but is she off to a great start? Indeed!!!

She attends Marissa's dance school on a daily basis
and
has learned some very suh-weet moves!


Next post will be on OUR truths of Down Syndrome adoption!
Is it really as great as this blog makes it appear?
There must be some downsides to all of this, right?
Would you do it again?

9 comments:

Jean said...

Wow wow wow!! She is doing so great!! You are the best Momma and the best role model for me!!

I love your sweet girl and all of your family-You are incredible!!

Love the pic of the back float- that is huge to trust and relax like that!! Good job Gracie!!

Hey and that high kick! Wow again!

Suzie said...

Oh my word! I just loved, loved, LOVED those videos! What a smartie! I miss that cute voice. And her teeth look wonderful! Oh Sally.... I'm just amazed. Wish Doug would say yes to another.... :(

Bless you for all your hard work. You are an amazing woman.

A said...

She is precious and beautiful and I love your family!!!
Annie

BreeAnna said...

Gracie is doing awesome, I bet you are so proud! I can't wait to see her and all the others soon! Hugs from Alabama

Scrappy quilter said...

She continues to amaze me with all that she is doing and learning. I love it. I'm betting the answer is "yes". Hugs

Chris said...

Amazing girl!...I think there might be a good mama somewhere there too!

Difference2This1 said...

She is such an amazing little girl. We are so lucky- and so blessed- to have met her!!!

Blessings, Jennifer

Christian said...

Yeah Gracie! She's doing so great! I can't believe its been six months. The times seems to fly by.
Christian

Erin said...

That is remarkable! What a blessing!!