"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just a little procedure today

Sweet Gracie-cakes had so much impacted hard wax in her ever so tiny ever so cute Designer Gene ear canals (a DS trait) that she had to go under a general anesthetic today in the hospital to get it removed. After the procedure, the doctor reported there was no way of removing it in the doctor's office as it was as hard as a stone digging into her ear drums. Poor thing suffered so much a week ago with them trying to remove it in the office after weeks of ear drops to no avail! We are hoping that it might lower her sometimes louder than then average adorable gruff voice!

Let me just tell ya that she stole the show and nurses were arguing over who gets the cupcake as their patient! She was deliciously yummy! Just take a peek for yourself what 100% pure cuteness looks like even in a hospital gown!

She told them the socks were beautiful!!!

Okay, now here is the true "after" picture that I would say is pretty darn cute as well. I actually had to leave the room after the photo OP as I was cracking up laughing. This is what she looked like when she was told she could not swim for one week! Yes, those are real tears from a real automatic faucet!
She's yelling out "NO Fair!"
That's her latest and newest saying "No fair!"

Yep, that's how I kind of felt this morning too at daybreak with only a half a cup of coffee in my veins driving down to the hospital in Sacramento with all the early bird commuters!

10 comments:

Walking to China said...

Man, our little foster son is the ear wax king also! We are in the states this summer and I'll be looking for drops etc. to try to get it under control. The things we do for the ones we love!

Carla said...

My goodness she is a cutie even when she is upset! Hope all is well... miss reading your blog! :-)

Lori said...

Oh man! No swimming for a week right smack in the middle of summer is SO not fair!

It's going to be the longest week of your life. :)

****

Great chatting with you yesterday!

Jean said...

She is so cute!! I love her charisma!!

You're right Gracie, it is NO FAIR!

I miss reading your blog too!! Both of them!

Thanks for posting!!

Serving the King said...

Oh gracious my friend! I LOVE that girl!! She is adorable, beautiful and loveable beyond measure even through a computer screen! I can't imagine getting the privilege of spending everyday with her!

Loving the Mommy Life said...

She is too cute! She has learned so fast. :) So much of life is "no fair", but she sure does take it with a smile (well except for the no swimming). I love her and love reading your updates on her.

Sherrie said...

Happy or sad, she's the cutest little thing!!! Ear wax = no fun, Tyler can relate to poor little Gracie, but I think Gracie's sounds a bit tougher than his! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Suzie said...

Sally, I swear that little girl is the cutest, sweetest thing in the world!!!! I just love thinking about her and SO WISH we could see you guys again! We're thinking of Disney next summer.... maybe a stop by your house on the way?? :) My best friend from college has two little brothers w/ DS. She was here this week and all I could do was talk about Gracie! Loves to you!

Chris said...

Man these moms gotta stop scheduling things in the summer...So NOT fair!

Scrappy quilter said...

She is just the cutest and gets cuter everyday. What a sweetheart. Hugs