"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Monday, March 14, 2011

It's A Whole New World!!!

Gracie got her new glasses today. Her words out of her mouth as soon as the optometrist put them on was  "WOW!"

The eye doctor said that she could only see clearly about 5 inches from her face. Her vision is 20/450! I think she looks older in her glasses. She has done a great job keeping them on today. You can also see in the above picture how much straighter her two front teeth are getting now that they pulled out the two teeth next to them (that little escapade only took 4 adults to hold her down!). Little by little she is getting all fixed up! She is my beautiful girl!!!
This is her studious look!!
So cute!!!
Update on eye surgeries: She will not need the tear duct surgery, but will need the eye lid surgery as her droopy eye lid does affect her vision. She will see the eye lid surgeon on March 31st. We would love to coordinate that with the tonsils and adenoids if possible.

12 comments:

Loving the Mommy Life said...

She is too cute in them! We are waiting on my little one's glasses to come in. She can only see 1 inch in front of her face. It is causing her eyes to not be aligned properly. The first dr wanted to do surgery, but the 2nd said she thinks the glasses will correct them. Mine is so tiny though that glasses like she needs have to be special ordered, as no one carries them.


I bet Miss Gracie will catch on to everything even faster now! Hold on, cause that girl is going places!

Nancyh said...

I say WOW she looks so grown up now. Amazing Gracie I love it love it. So special in every way!
PTP&L

Shelly said...

I love her reaction! How excited she must feel to be able to see everything!
Oh, and I just had to go watch the video again... still lovin' it!

Bambi said...

She looks so adorable in her glasses! She really is a beautiful girl :)

Lori said...

Oh my goodness gracious! She is even more adorable with her little glasses on! And I can tell that her hair has grown a bit. What a little dolly!

What a delight and joy she must be to you!!

Suzie said...

She is REALLY pretty! Seriously, what a doll.

Sally, don't tempt me to come for a visit. Oh how I wish we could... if not for the big trip to Portland. Hmm.... I'll have to think of a way!

Jen said...

I love the studious look. The glasses look great on her. What a doll!

Bahr Family said...

Imagine how much she will be reading now that she can see the words - how awesome!

Christian said...

She looks so cute!! I love the studious look! Its so great when you can actually see, I bet she loves it. (I'm so blind without my glasses or contacts)

Shanti said...

Sally, I love this post! It's been a long time since I've come by your blog. I need to go catch up! I can't believe Gracie's home and she is just so beautiful. What a blessing for her to be able to SEE! Love it!

Scrappy quilter said...

She looks so grown up in them. Hugs

chinamom said...

She looks so good!! So grown! We enjoy checking in our Gracie to watch her blossom. Amazing girl you've got there Sally.
Rene'Runner and family