"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Monday, February 7, 2011

We Haven't Told Them....


..the littles that is that Gracie has designer genes. It is not that we care obviously or afraid to tell them, but we purposefully wanted Gracie to come home and just be loved for being Gracie not because she has something special about her.

We have read books to the littles prior to her coming home about siblings with Down Syndrome or other disabilities. We just have yet to sit down with them to tell them that Gracie has Down Syndrome.

I know the time will come sooner than later, but for now I just like them seeing her for being Gracie with no other identifying names attached except her bajillion nicknames we are all coming up with already!

7 comments:

Christian said...

She is special because she is Gracie not because of her designer genes. I feel the same way you do too. We haven't told the little ones either.

Can't wait 2 days til we are on our way.

Annie said...

Trust the Lord to lead you!!!

Nancyh said...

Oh and all this time I tought you were saying designer jeans. Just kidding she is Amazing Grace they will love her no matter what but I di understand being an Auntie of CP nephews. You have you strong faith to guide you through this and HE always points you in the right direction.
Positive thoughts prayers, & love

Shelly said...

That picture brought tears to my eyes! So beautifully sweet!

Anonymous said...

Great idea and I love how you refer to it as a designer gene! :)

Chris said...

Love following your story

Suzie said...

I wish the whole world didn't know that some of my kids are "adopted". Not thrilled with the comments and stares and crazy (and sometimes inappropriate) questions.

I think your choice is super. I'd do the same. You're such wonderful and wise parents.