"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gracie CAN

  • Trace her name.
  • Make an "A", "I", "E", and "C" when modeled.
  • Set the table.
  • Put the silverware away.
  • Put her laundry away.
  • Match 9 sight words with 100% accuracy in 4/4 trials!!!
  • Understands the concepts of 1, 2 and 3. So from a pile of crayons if I ask her to give me 3 crayons. She will give me 3 crayons, no more, no less!
  • Understands almost every thing we ask her to do at home; such as go get your shoes on, go put your pajamas away, go brush your teeth, go set the table, go find your hair clip
  • Sing karaoke like the best of them!
  • Can give orders like a Chinese nanny rounding up many children at the end of her shift!
  • Can imitate almost anything she observes, such as when mommy is texting, Gracie's calculator quickly becomes her phone and she starts texting! So darn cute!!
  • Be very shy when she meets new people.
  • Be confused for a little old lady at times!
  • Play mama against baba and vice-a-versa like a teenager wanting to use the family car!
  • Convince you to buy her an ice cream every time you are out running errands!
  • Snuggle and snuggle and snuggle!
  • LOVE like no other child I know! Seriously folks, it is amazing how she loves!!!

12 comments:

Jean said...

I'm lovin her all the way from MN!

She amazes me!

Loving the Mommy Life said...

I love this post. So many people see a "disability" and what they miss is the AMAZING child that God made PERFECTLY. My littlest angel has Down Syndrome and we are in the paperchase to bring home 4 more from Eastern Europe. They are the most wonderful blessings that God put on the earth. I'm so glad you are enjoying yours. :)

Shelly said...

I just love her! She is a priceless little gem! And please, keep buying her those ice cream cones, momma, she deserves every single one!

Lori said...

This girl GOING places, I tell ya.

Cute AND smart. My goodness.

And that smile just melts me!!

Nancyh said...

I think that unconditional LOVE is their designer gene. Down Syndrome children seem to all have this as a special trait. I just love it. So simple, so pure, so special.
Amazing Gracie is one special cupcake who will continue to amaze us.
Positive thoughts, prayers & love

Tracy said...

Sally,
Can I borrow Gracie for a few days so that she can teach my teenage daughter how to put her laundry away?! hee hee.
Sounds like she has a very determined little soul. Good for her!
She does have a contagious smile! She really is a gift.

Scrappy quilter said...

We always lived with this rule...we worked with their abilities and forgot the disability. We also never let the disability dictate what we has a family did. It worked for all 3. I too love this post. It's wonderful to see all she is doing. Great job Gracie Mae. You go girl...you are going to take on the world and I'll be cheering on all the way. Hugs to both momma and you!!

Adeye said...

{smile}

{smile}

{smile}

Anonymous said...

What a blessing she is! She should be a poster child for special needs adoption!:)

Annie said...

Just beautiful!!!! SHE is just beautiful!!!! You are one blessed Momma!!!

Suzie said...

Of course she can!

Katelyn Bradley said...

Gracie can because YOU did...you believed in her! You all are amazing!!!

-The Bradley Family