"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cinderella, Cinderella!!!!!

Look at this sweet girl making her bed....
stretch, tuck in the corner
and a perfectly made bed my a perfectly made girl!!!
She folds clothes like the best of them
See that little pile of clothes by her feet? She folded all her clothes and then started towels with Bryson.

Gracie not only is doing household Cinderella chores, but is saying quite a few things on her own such as:
  • "Go to bed, Baba!"
  • Bryson, Marissa, Gio, Lulu, mama, baba
  • Grandma, grandpa
  • I love you!
  • Go to sleep
  • No crying
  • Help me
  • More please
  • Noodles, ice cream , yogurt
  • School
  • Maggie (our dog that she finally has become friends with)
  • See ya later
  • Good-bye, hello
  • Rote counting 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Sings "Happy Birthday to you"
  • Thank you
  • She also tells us "No Gracie Mae Mae, Gracie!" All while shaking her finger at us with the no and patting her chest when she says Gracie. So we only are allowed to call her Gracie and no more Gracie Mae Mae without a good scolding in Chinglish!
  • and more that I am not thinking of right now
  • not to mention she repeats almost everything we say in English
  • And she receptively understands almost everything we tell her to do especially "make your bed" and "fold the clothes!" Just kidding!!!
Oh how we love this girl!!!

9 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

She should be a poster child for adoptions of children with DS. I smile everytime I see her picture come up in my blog roll.

Loving the Mommy Life said...

She is learning so fast! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Jen said...

Oh my! What a darling helper. You are so blessed. I love watching how well she is doing and seeing her beautiful smile.

marme said...

Our doggies name is Maggie too :)
So fun.

MA (Shelly's Sister :)

Scrappy quilter said...

WOW!! That is wonderful. Sending you an e-mail. Hugs

Nancyh said...

She is so special. Such a Quick learner, independent too. Special sweet girl.
PTP&L

Suzie said...

Love your new family pic! Gracie looks so grown up and beautiful. My girls are asking so many questions about her- they love looking at your blog.

Robin R said...

I have never met Gracie, yet I LOVE her to pieces! What an incredible gift God has given you!!

Jean said...

She should be a poster child- she is incredible!

Our Ellie does not like Ella Mei- she says me Ellie not Ella Mei!