"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Adopting Gracie - Part One (x-post)



Probably one of the most common questions I get asked these days is "How are you doing? You must be exhausted!"

My answer brings mixed responses from "You are crazy" to "You are an angel" to unspoken words that include politically correct smiles to genuine teary eyes.

My response??? "I have never been happier in my life!"

Those are honest words, not words intended for a good blog post, but words from my heart. I truly have never been happier (and for the record, I am generally a fairly happy person and sometimes even known for my humor!). Gracie has brought something out in me that has given me an increased confidence in living life for Him and not for things of this world, a sense of peace, a sense of spontaneity, a desire to laugh more, a desire to take things less seriously than I have in the past and this intensity of love for all my children even more than I have loved before!

Adopting Gracie is yet another defining moment in my life!

Gloria in Excelsis Deo

6 comments:

Loving the Mommy Life said...

WONDERFUL! My little one with Down Syndrome is 4 and came to us at age 2 1/2 through foster care adoption. She did that exact thing to me. I don't even know how I survived without her. Life changed for all of us (We already had 11 kids!) and we all have loved every minute of it. We are currently in the paper chase for 4 more with Down Syndrome in Eastern Europe. :)

Susan A said...

Loved what you shared, praise the Lord!! :)

Suzie said...

It's so true. Whenever I need a lift I just visit your blog and gaze at Gracie mei mei. Love that girl! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

PRECIOUS! Thank you father!

Myra said...

Big smile and Big goosebumps after reading that!!! Thank you so much for sharing what's in your heart and in your home!! I love riding along!!!

Jean said...

I remember when you saw her picture- YOU KNEW!!

I can feel your happiness all the way here- to the tundra! It's cause a bit of a warm up and it's even melting our snow!

Love your passion! Love your heart!