"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Treat For Mama



I finally took the advice of a few of my wise friends who have been telling me to treat myself to something. Last night was the night!!! I put Gracie Mae Mae to bed and then snuggled in my own bed with a hot cup of tea, a yummy white chocolate fruit cake and my beloved borrowed kindle!! It was pure heaven in China!!

I think I loved the box the cake came in as much as the cake itself. It felt like a real gift to myself!!

Thankful for all my friends who are leaving encouraging comments and sending me emails. I so appreciate them, more than you can imagine! Keep em' coming!

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Good for you! I know you must be exhausted!

Jean said...

Hugs to you sweet friend!

So glad YOU had a moment to indulge!

You deserve it!

(honestly that is how I get thru my everyday- coffee in the morning especially for me, then a little hidden chocolate midday just because and then me time on the computer at night hehehe- don't tell anyone!)

It makes the sweet times all that much sweeter!!

So proud of you and what you are doing!!

Nancyh said...

Wow the box is beautiful. Was it as yummy as it looked? You deserved this. Hope you enjoyed it, all of it and had a good read and a good nights rest.
You are in the the home stretch just a few more days. Hip Hip Hooray!!!
Positive thoughts, prayers & love.

Nan and Dan said...

you go girl!! you need to rev up too :) hugs!

Karen said...

What a great idea. It really looked like a treat too. I hope you enjoyed the special treat/time You are so close to coming home!

Christian said...

You totally deserved this! Looks so relaxing and yummy! Its so nice to take time for yourself and do something for yourself. It re-charges you. Hope it was as good as it looks. Makes me want one now just to relax and relieve all the stress.

Enjoy the rest of your time! Thoughts and prayers with you.

jenn said...

What a nice treat!
If anyone deserves it-it is you Mama!! By the way-my mother in law got me the Nook for Christmas and at first I thought -silly-but now I am in love with this new fangled thing!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Good for you...only a few more days and you'll be home surrounded by loving arms, just like Jesus is doing for you right now in China. hugs