"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things I Know About Gracie (So Far)


Great sense of humor.
Great Imagination
Super Terrifc Fine Motor Skills- she can snap, button, zip, put clips in her hair, hold a pencil correctly, can cut a straight line within 1/8 inch!
She is an artist! She colors in the lines and very delicately.
She can get her self dressed and undressed.
She folds her clothes and puts them away. Marissa, I am just saying she is only 6!
She desperately needs glasses.
She listens carefully to everything that is being said around her.
She doesn't miss a beat.
She needs major orthodontic work.
She learns very quickly.
She can sit at a restaurant just as good if not better than the average 6 year old.
She entertains herself.
She doesn't get into things without a purpose. Now her purpose, maybe slightly different than mine, but this girl has purpose!!
She likes french fries!
She spent the 12 days before coming to me in her original orphanage, not such a great place to be. They shaved the back of her head. Looks silly, can't wait for it to grow out.
She knows how to operate a remote as well as her baba!!
She loves her mama!!!

9 comments:

Nancyh said...

AMAZING GRACIE MAE!!!!!
Positive thoughts, prayers & love.

Adeye said...

Treasure here on earth!

Lori said...

Somebody hand me a spoon...cause I'm going to eat this girly up!

Sally, the sweetness in her face just jumps off my computer screen and makes me smile great big, and my heart melt into a shameless puddle!

Oh my heart!

Nan and Dan said...

so so sweet!!! hugs!

patty said...

Dear Sally & family,

Congratulations on Gracie. She is just adorable. I just started following your blog recently and I am enjoying watching your journey so much. Our Julia from Ukraine has been home with us for three weeks now. I will be praying that the rest of your trip goes smoothly.
Patty
http://hope4everychild.blogspot.com/

Christian said...

Sounds like you are getting along great and learning so much about her already. You are truly meant to be her mama! Makes me laugh about the shaved head that is so different and only in the back. Well, if it helps you can't tell in any of the pictures :) I'm just waiting for that with Zoie. Her hair was finally growing out in the last update we got of her.

Scrappy quilter said...

M loves chips too..in fact his absolute favorite food. Hugs and love

Katelyn Bradley said...

Absolutely adorable and looks like she is ready to take on the world...or at least her brothers and sisters! What an amazing girl she is and so glad you are enjoying your time with her. Continuing to pray for you both and the family at home.
-Jeannette

Carla said...

I am LOVING this journey you are on and so grateful that you are sharing! Your cupcake is just precious!!

I have news to finally share!! :-)