"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Monday, January 17, 2011

Final Adoption



Get your tissues before reading any further. Gracie happily arrives with mama at the Civil Affairs building to finalize her adoption, the same building where I got her yesterday, where she played on the toys and had fun. Once we got there, she wanted me to hold her and would not get down. She kept saying something to me over and over in Chinese. I just played with her on my lap. She kept saying it and then tears started rolling down her cheeks. She was rubbing my face with her precious little hands, kissing me. I held her and just loved on her.

The guide told me that she was saying, "I am going to America!" Poor thing was thinking I was leaving her there. It was so sad. She is so aware of what is going on around her. I love this little girl like you can not believe. She LOVES having a mama!!! She tells people her baba is in America! She is so stinkin' smart. If it wasn't for her adorable designer gene traits, such as her cute little tongue that sometimes likes to hang out, her extremely flat feet, her pudgy little hands and her adorable little face I would swear that they have misdiagnosed her!

Next post: All her cutisms!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly Gracie.... That monma will never ever let you go!! It is the first of many experiences you will have with your new momma Gracie...you may have fear.. Your momma will comfort... You will have a need and your momma will fill it!! Gracie Mae... The only place u are going is home to your forever family that has been waiting for you!!! I love you!

Lori said...

Gasp! That is precious. Beyond precious!

Oh, Sally...God's favor is on you! He has given you an incredible treasure! I am in awe of His goodness!!

Adeye said...

Tears! Oh wow, that a PERFECT little creation she is. Absolutely perfect in every single way. And yes, she is beautiful. I can tell that she has such a sweet spirit...so endearing.

I'm in love. Can I have another one too???????

:)

Adeye said...

Tears! Oh wow, that a PERFECT little creation she is. Absolutely perfect in every single way. And yes, she is beautiful. I can tell that she has such a sweet spirit...so endearing.

I'm in love. Can I have another one too???????

:)

Sherrie said...

Oh my gosh Sally, what a wonderful thing to know how you and Robert and your family have made such a HUGE difference in this child's life!!!! And I know that she has enriched your life tenfold, no doubt about it. Thanks for sharing these precious moments with us. I'm so so so happy for you.

Jean said...

I want to hear all of them! Can't wait to hear more about sweet Gracie!!

Our Sarah did the same thing- big crocodile tears and she hid behind her Momma and her big sister. It breaks my heart that they even worried about that- what blessings these sweet children are!

So glad she was in the safety of her Momma's arms!!

Congratulations!

Nancyh said...

Oh Sally she knows she has her protectors, her FOREVER Momma and Baba. She knows she will be safe with you. How wonderful that must make you feel that she has that trust already. So special.
Positive thoughts, prayers & love.

Tracy said...

She is just precious Sally. I loved the pictures of her dancing so carefree, watching herself in the mirror. She is a treasure for sure and a perfect fit for you and your family.

Scrappy quilter said...

Everytime I read a post I have tears in my eyes. She is going to fit right in PERFECTLY!! Hugs

Christian said...

Congratulations!! She is so sweet and adorable. You have such a little treasure! So happy for you.