"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Will there be 11?

(Photo from a group birthday party, not Gracies!)

I awoke to a wonderful heart smiling email from a family who just visited the big kid home where Gracie is and this is what it says!

A new two year old boy with Down Syndrome was recently moved from the baby home to the big kid home where Gracie is. He was sad and cried the entire first day. Gracie took care of him and made him happy. She has fallen in love with him and him with her! She refers to him as little brother and says she is now not leaving China without him. She instructed the visitors to write to her mama and baba to let them know!!!

Oh, this email made my heart melt for a variety of reasons.

First, it tells me how aware Gracie is of her surroundings and that she is getting adopted.

Second, it tells me that how smart she is to tell them to write us letting us know that he is coming too!

Third, it tells me that she loves like Jesus!!!!

Robert's reply to the email. "Can we have a two for one if we bring him home too?"

Have I ever told ya how much I love my hubby's heart?!?!?!?

12 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh wow, what a sweet little angel girl you have.

Do you know if the little boy is paperwork ready?

Wow, friend. I'm truting with you that the Father would speak loud and clear.

Annie said...

So so precious, yet heartbreaking at the same time! To think of the shuffling and transferring and for kiddos who need even more love! It's unbearable! I will be praying there is 11! :)

Lori said...

Ummmm, I think this is a no-brainer. You MUST bring home BOTH. Mercy, pure joy is all I can think of.

Get busy, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Jesus is alive!! Prayers for your path and adventure... How quickly can we get that girl to her forever family?? She is gonna ROCK this town of Folsom!!
LYTP

Nancyh said...

Her name isn't Gracie for nothing she has done nothing but bring grace to all of you in such unexpected ways. Special Gracie how special she is. And will continue to be.
Positive thoughts and prayers

Jean said...

Prating for your decision!

Hoping to see two special little kids coming home!

Yes, you do love that hubby of yours and that is a good thing- he is a great guy!

Mandi said...

She is too precious. I am not sure how I even missed that you were adding to your family again. Apparently I am living in la la land right now.

Anyway, I kinda have to agree with the majority here and say you should at least see if Gracie's "brother" is available.

Can't wait to follow along. BTW, how is Bryson doing?

Blesings,
Madni

Shelly said...

GO GET HIM!!! :o) Wow, what a precious girl with a HUGE heart!

Sherrie said...

I had GOOSE BUMPS reading this message! Yes, you can do two at a time, but as someone mentioned, paperwork would have to be submitted to the CCAA, okay, so get on it and keep us posted :-)! What a beautiful thing to learn about your little girl, such wonderful news!

Serving the King said...

Oh gracious how exciting on so many levels!!! I'll be praying that the Lord will speak clearly to you!! Blessings friend!!

scrappy quilter said...

And so, do you have the paperwork ready for 2??? I can't imagine leaving the little guy there, can you? What a wonderful hubby you have. Hugs

Difference2This1 said...

Very sweet to find these things out about your little girl!! sounds like you have a pretty good guy too! :) Blessings, Jennifer