"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Saturday, August 28, 2010

I800A Certified and at Courier

Just when I think I am buried too deeply and questioning how on earth I can add another child to our current situation, God reveals Himself in this adoption. He has been so faithful all along. I just always need to remind myself of that when I get discouraged or overwhelmed. Truly in all our adoptions we have seen His hand at work usually in hindsight (only due to our blinders), but not with Gracie's it has been all upfront and obvious from the get go!

Yesterday, our I800A arrived in the mailbox. As soon as the bell rang, I was out of my classroom and here are bullets of what happened in less than 2 miraculous hours!
  • Came home picked up I800A
  • Went to notary to get it notarized
  • Drove 25 miles to downtown Sacramento to Secretary of State's office in Friday late afternoon traffic to get I800A certified
  • I was the only person in line at 4pm so Gracie's forms were done in less than ten minutes giving me extra time on my meter to grab a quick decaf soy latte at the coffee house across the street to enjoy on my drive back home swimming upriver in the Friday traffic!
  • Got back to our town, went to Fedex to photocopy all documents and ship off to our courier in San Francisco who will get overnight service at the Chinese Consulate for authentication of documents. She will them Fedex directly to our agency. We hope to be DTC by Friday!!!
  • Back home to take on the littles and Nana to relieve Robert by 5pm!
Courier just emailed me. She has our documents safely in her hands. She looked them all over and said I did all the forms correctly.....5th time leads to perfection, right?

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh so happy for you my friend!!!!!! I can't wait to see the news that your are DTC for your precious Gracie!!!!!

Nancyh said...

What an awsome afternoon. Gracie has been bringing grace to this family since the day yu first saw her. What a blessing!!!
positive thoughts and prayers.

scrappy quilter said...

God's heart is for the orphan. I'm so very thankful you were able to get all this done. Soon and very soon your little doll is going to be home. Hugs and love

Annie said...

Yay! What a praise! I think it's great to intentionally see God's hand in ALL things! He is there, working, all of the time. Choosing to recognize it is one of the blessings He lets us have! Leads to the joy only HE can provide!

Jean said...

I am tired just reading all you have accomplished! Wow! You are so good at getting the job done!!

Congrats dear friend- you are an inspiration!

Serving the King said...

Good gracious have you just given up eating or sleeping?! You go girl! Can't wait to see sweet Gracie's arms wrapped around here momma!!

The Straight's said...

Yeah!! Big big weight lifted I am sure.

JustMeShann said...

Sally, she is BEAUTIFUL <3 You make my heart feel with so much emotion... She is so lucky to have your family and you too will know the love of a downs baby... My cousin is downs, I have driven school bus for them and there is nothing in the world better than the world through a loving downs child! Congratulations on your addition to your already beautiful family!
Shann

Wright Family said...

I just came over to see the blog of someone who makes her kids play outside. You are my hero. I am going to try to be you..Catherine

jenn said...

Ok-I need a non-fat soy latte after reading this!! Yeah for you!! There is a reason this is going so smoothly!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are moving thru so smoothly. I can see God's loving hand clearing a path for you to quickly navigate. Gracie looks so well cared for...she looks wonderful.

Love,
Susan