"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6

Saturday, April 10, 2010

An Organized Ring Leader Like her Mama!


This adorable photo is the one I found on the website of her baby home. I can't enlarge it, but she is so stinkin cute in this picture. It is one of my favorites! The following report is from March 21, 2010. Honestly, if you did not know she has down syndrome you certainly would not know by this report! She sounds like a typical child, bless her precious little heart!

"Yu continues to grow taller and taller. She is more and more vocal and loves to sing songs and quote some Chinese poems. She is wonderful at copying others in movements and facial expressions. She loves to write and has become better and better in her fine motor skills.

She is so excited to have longer hair that can now be pulled back into a ponytail. She doesn't like to wear shoes and socks but we make her. She prefers dresses to pants and is really quite the little lady. (Marissa and her can be girlie together in their dresses!)

She often goes home with some of the nannies to their local villages. She enjoys being outside and pouts if anyone is leaving and she doesn't get to go along. (This means we might have a spoiled girl to deal with :-), I can deal with that much better than not being taken care of! )

She is a great organizer and always tells me what is going on with the other children. She is definitely the "ring leader" at the big kid house. She loves being a big sister to the little ones and is very kind and loving." (Yep, that's my girl!)

Oh my goodness, I could just eat her up!!!

6 comments:

Nan and Dan said...

I am SO happy to follow your next great adventure!!!!!
Congrats!!

Jean said...

I love this pic, too!! One of my favorites!!

scrappy quilter said...

Sally she is so cute. I'm with you, it's really hard to tell she has Down syndrome with all that she is doing. Can't wait until she is home with you guys. Hugs

Adeye said...

Oh my gosh, friend, could she possibly be any more adorable?????

Such treasure you have found! Praising God.

Chris said...

spoiled? ah well you can work with that later!

Karin said...

She is adorable! So full of life and spunk! :)